Monday 27 February 2012

IMAGINE FESTIVAL and FUNNY BOOK PANEL

Sunday- ROALD DAHL FUNNY PANEL WITH
BOOK ROYALTY LOUISE RENNISON-
MICHAEL ROSEN-PHILIP ARDAGH...AND ME
(OVER COMPENSATING FOR FEELING NERVOUS.)

Here I am..back at the Southbank again!
Royal Festival Hall Saturday 25th Feb for a free 
drop in drawing event 
as part of the IMAGINE FESTIVAL.Then on SUNDAY 
26TH FOR THE ROALD DAHL 
FUNNY PANEL. 


SATURDAYS EVENT it was hard to believe it was the same space as we'd had the fancy dinner in. It was much quieter this weekend but as soon as we ROLLED out the paper children appeared from everywhere!
They did some fantastic drawings too.
This time last year I didn't 
even have a book out.So I have to keep pinching myself when I get asked to do things like appear on a Roald Dahl Panel with pretty much book royalty.It was a proper master class on how to talk to 
audiences.I learnt a lot that's for sure. And it was hilarious listening 
to the backstage banter before we went on. If you think they were funny on stage, that was nothing!



Rolled out paper.





The doodle paper was HUGE and worked really well I think.








 
Thrilled to meet Philip (and beard)
who won the Roald Dahl prize in 2009.
I told him I would photoshop his
beard onto his head Jedwood style
to see what it would look like...
... it looks like this.
Equally THRILLED to meet Louise Rennison author
of SO many hilarious books.
She's been working on a STAGE PLAY of
ANGUS, THONGS AND PERFECT SNOGGING
which is already getting RAVE reviews in Leeds.



Michael Rosen had just had the whole
audience laughing. No pressure then.



Philip in ACTION!





Catherine (from Scholastic)
and Louise's publicist 



Lily reviewing her pictures on the way home.
(She took the ones of me.)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Liz t hank you for putting my work on your website.
    Love pascal

    ReplyDelete
  2. great book my donwload some free pdf very instenting

    ReplyDelete