Friday 24 February 2012

The Book People Gala dinner

Went to the most FABULOUS dinner last night held 
Mark and I looking fancy.
The invitation.


by The Book People.
The invitation was a message in a bottle, that I read then stupidly put
BACK in the bottle and couldn't get it out again.
Most authors and illustrators I know (me included) love a get together
And this "do"was pretty FANCY! 
You name an author/illustrator...

...and they were there.

Stayed in a great hotel by westminster bridge with a river view too. Lovely Zoe (from Scholastic) came and met me there first, then fellow author/illustrator Adam joined us.

The Clore Ballroom looked beautiful with all the candles and tables decorated. We had been asked to bring a book and a written post card as to why we chose it.
Adam and Zoe.
Still one of my favourites today.

The food was delicious and done by none other than Jamie Oliver.He also gave a speech and admitted to never having read a whole book in his life due to being dyslexic and finding reading tricky.
Other speakers included Anthony Horowitz and Michael Morpurgo who broke into song.(He's written WARHORSE so he can do what he wants in my opinion.)

It was a really wonderful evening.
Thanks to everyone who made it so memorable.

I'm back in the CLORE BALLROOM Saturday 25th Feb as part of the IMAGINE FESTIVAL doing a doodle event.

Then on Sunday 26th on a PANEL with Michael Rosen
Louise Rennison and 
Philip Ardagh
Sunday trying very hard to be funny! 



The view looking out of the hotel.
It was almost a warm day.


On the way to the ballroom
on the Thames riverbank.

 
The Ballroom looking splendid.
Catherine from Scholastic.




Michael Morpurgo.. singing.



Slow cooked beef with olive
oil mash and greens
YUM.


Paul Collicut (who I was in the same
studio with)and his girlfriend.


PUDDING (lots of chocolate.)


Jamie Oliver made a speech and brought out all the young chefs who cooked a really delicious meal.

Paul looking happy.

My sparkly shoes.









1 comment:

  1. It seems from these pictures that the gala event was very classy and enjoyable. Everyone appears to be having a wonderful time, and the ballroom setup looks amazing. I was also accompanying my husband yesterday to a party organized by his company at the event venue Atlanta and it was an awesome event.

    ReplyDelete