Monday 12 September 2011

ROALD DAHL FUNNY BOOK PRIZE and SLUGS.

Am so excited! 
The Brilliant World Of Tom Gates 
just got shortlisted for the ROALD DAHL FUNNY BOOK PRIZE.
Here's the review they gave it on the Book Trusted site:





 Judges are Grace Dent, Michael Rosen
Tony Ross, Francesca Simon and Danny Wallace.
And this year children will have a 
say in the winners too.
The ceremony is 8th November in London and 
there are some fantastic books 
on the shortlist.










There are two categories:

The Funniest Book for Children Aged Six and Under


The Funniest Book for Children Aged Seven to Fourteen
I still can't believe I'm on the list!

Just to bring me BACK down to earth.
I walked into ANOTHER 
spider web this morning 
which 
made me behave like I was being attacked 
by an invisible 
swarm of bees.
Then I looked down AND this slug 
was by my feet.
DISGUSTING! It was MASSIVE. 
It shrunk back when I put the 
ruler next to it.. 
but you get the picture.

The whole garden seems to be 



(or should I say WAS 
being




attacked 
by the most 
ENORMOUS slugs have ever seen 
in 
my life. 
They are (were) truly revolting.
Back to writing Tom Gates Book Three now.
(Which might include a chapter on monster slugs?)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment